Leapin' Lizards

Although I realize we’re in the south, I didn’t know we were far enough south to see these little green critters running about. I’m used to seeing them when we visit Florida, but I was quite surprised to be greeted at the back door by this little fella. I was heading back inside from cutting the grass today and there he was on the bricks right alongside the back door. He moved over to the window ledge by the time I took the photo with my camera phone, which is why the quality is not so good. I watched him for awhile and he seemed like he was used to seeing people. He acted differently than the lizards I see in Florida. His movements were slower and not as jittery as the Sunshine State lizards. As I watched him, he caught a bug and ate it. It was then I told him he could hang around and eat all the bugs he likes, just as long as he stays outside. Of course that’s more for the lizard’s sake since the cats and dog would have a fine time making a chew toy out of him.

Tonight at 8pm is our Booyah Fantasy Football League Draft. I look forward to this every year no matter how good or bad I did the previous season. I was thinking of changing my team’s name to something with Carolina in it, but couldn’t think of anything good. So for now, my team remains the Hoochie Mamas, or Hoochies for short. After seeing my little green friend I was thinking of renaming my team the Lizards, but we already have an Iguanas in our league. Booyah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007