Jumpin' Jehosaphat
It's 11 days into 2008 and I have yet to post anything on the blog!The Monkey and family joined me to ring in the New Year. Rob Monkey and I toasted with my favorite champagne (or sparkling wine) Blanc de Noirs from California's Chandon winery. Yeah, I know it's only "champagne" if it comes from the Champagne region of France, but this ugly American is going to call it champagne.
The Monkey also brought along a couple cigars for us to smoke along with our toasting. These were Acid Cigars that are cured in red wine. I rarely smoke a cigar, but I must say these were very nice, thanks Monkey!
Made a ham for New Year's Day and what is starting to become a holiday staple here at The Woodside, my mashed sweet potatoes. They are actually supposed to be made with a creme brulee style top, but I forgo the melting of the brown sugar. They still taste pretty darn good and I go with the Splenda brown sugar instead of the regular.
Watched a little football. I think we mostly watched movies. The Monkey was runner up in the big Boo-Yah Championship Fantasy Football this season. Still excited about the playoffs this year even though the Eagles aren't in it. Lots of good games on this weekend that I hope live up to their potential.
Not much doing here, kickin' it with a Victory Prima Pils from Downingtown, Pa. - just outside Philly! Have a NYC trip coming up next week, big staff meeting to kick off our year.
Has anyone else out there picked up the 20th anniversary 2CD/1DVD edition of U2's "The Joshua Tree"? Got it last weekend and really liked the DVD portion along with all the bonus tracks and a remastered album. The documentary "Outside It's America" is very cool and includes lots of footage I've never seen before. Don't forget to check out, if you can, the U23D movie being released later this month, but only in digital 3D theaters.
Comments