Great Label, But Not 'The Grail'

While Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale comes in a brown bottle, I got a little suspicious when I noticed the twist-off cap. The copper-colored ale is rather light and very drinkable, but certainly does not live up to its name.

You might ask, could any beer stand up to a title so bold? Perhaps not, depends on the individual drinker I suppose. Beauty, or in this case "tasty" is truly in the palate of the beholder.

Actually today I noted to Jimmy Joe Pete during a lunchtime visit to Total Wine, that all summer I've been into the strong India Pale Ales -- brews I would normally reserve for the fall and winter months.

I think it was back in March or April, about the time it first started feeling like summer here. I picked up some Modelos, similar to and made by the same company as Corona, but I wasn't "feelin' it."

It was then that I decided to delve into my true passion regardless of the time of year or temperature. I started seeking out not just pale ales but quality, bold brews of any variety, but admittedly my choices leaned toward pales and pilsners.

The ones I stuck with had a bold, and some might say bitter taste due to the amount of hops. Don't know why, but this is the taste that keeps me coming back for more.

Luckily for me, I have some Terrapin Rye Pale Ale to follow up the "not so" Holy Grail Ale.

French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail


- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007