Beer, Gas, Banking and Politics... Oh My!

Nothing spooky On Tap this evening, just your average everyday Rolling Rock for this "Joe Six-Pack." Temps have been very seasonal here, looking to drop down to 48 here overnight.

My running schedule fell off a bit in September, but already have two runs in for this week and Saturday I'm due for a date with the lawnmower as grass-cutting season winds down.

Looks like the gas shortage is slowly starting to ease up. Many stations still without gas, but the ones that do have it seem to have shorter lines and many without lines at all. I filled up earlier this week with some help from the Charlotte Observer online fuel map. I filled up without any wait at all, although I paid $3.99 a gallon! I'm sure the price will start to come down once our shortage crisis is over.

In other local news... Wachovia was set for a takeover by Citigroup, but now it looks to be eaten up by Wells Fargo. Let's hope it's Wells Fargo who comes out on top in this debacle, which would be a much better deal for all concerned.

"Gosh darn it, I hope so for all Joe six-packs out there - you betcha!"

Give you one guess who I'm voting for come November? Here's a hint, it's not the self-dubbed pair of "mavericks." That's right, it's the "long-legged mack daddy!"

- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007