DMB Smells Like... Victory
Happy Friday, y'all!Just chillin' this evening with a Victory Hop Devil Ale. Been a long week and good to have Friday here!
Running a playlist on The Woodside LIVE this evening instead of the usual shuffle. No rhyme or reason or theme, just picking some tunes and giving them a spin on the ol' jukebox.
I finally got around to some multiple listens of the new Dave Matthews Band CD "Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King." Really like it! I've been getting into "Seven," "Squirm" and "Time bomb" lately. There's one song near the end, I forget which one, shares a chord with "Sister" - at least sounds that way to me.
Just moved "Dive In" up on the playlist, very cool laid back Summertime song. There's more to it than that, but not sure if I want to know just yet, or maybe not at all. I've ruined songs for myself in the past after looking up their lyrics. So I'm never quick to go look up song lyrics unless I really have a need to know.
Really like the live recording that came with the new DMB release! Sounds like a very loose and upbeat show in one of the band's favorite venues, Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. The cover of Pink Floyd's "Money" is worth the price of the CD alone. Tim Reynolds has some smokin' guitar work as you can imagine if you'd heard him play before. If not, give him a listen.
Went to a couple shows at Alpine Valley back in 2005. It's nice up there out in the middle of nowhere, not that far north of Chicago, especially in the summertime. But, did not enjoy all the drunken buffoons falling all over me. Hey, I like a few drinks now and again, but it was like someone opened the flood gates for a bunch of 21-year-olds! Even with that being said, I'd still like to give it a second chance as DMB always seems to put on a good show there. The latest live release marks two Live Trax releases from the same venue - a first I think.
Looking forward to two more DMB shows in August, both in Virginia. Should be fun and looks like The Monkey will finally get a DMB show under his belt this year - woop, woop!
Speaking of the Monkey, he's prepping for the PAT DINIZIO & JIM BABJAK IN HOUSE CONCERT AT "THE LILLYPAD" tomorrow night! Wish I could be there, should be a blast! Funny, "Everything I Has Is Blue" by The Smithereens just came on the jukebox - freaky!
- Salud!
Comments