Coming on Fall

Happy Friday!

It was gloomy all day here, but warm almost 80. Seemed to get dark very early, well before sunset, but it's getting to be that time of year. I believe I saw Halloween lights on a neighbor's house a couple doors down.

The seasonal brews are hitting the shelves as well. This evening I tried New Holland's seasonal brew, Ichabod, and what may be the first pumpkin ale from a bottle I've ever enjoyed. I found it smooth, and without too much spice, very drinkable.

Previously, the only other pumpkin ale I ever liked was served on tap at Salem Beer Works. If you're a fan of the fall season and Halloween, get yourself to Salem, Mass., for a long weekend and soak everything in. And if you're really into the Halloween spirit, the annual Halloween party at Salem's Hawthorne Hotel is the place to be.

Keeping in the spirit of the fall season, which kicks off next week, I also tried Easton, Pa's own Weyerbacher Brewery Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Oh my, I should have tried the Imperial Pumpkin Ale first, and imperial it is. It tastes like a "pumpkiny" 2X Dead Guy. I feel the need to include the description from the Web site, which couldn't be more correct. (Click photos for larger view)

"Like a pyramid for a pharaoh, we set out to make a bold monument for The King of the Pumpkins! This 8.0% ABV pumpkin ale is the mother of all pumpkin ales. It is heartier, spicier, and more "caramelly" and "pumpkiny" than its faint brethren! We have added lots of pumpkin along with Cinnamon, Nutmeg and a touch of cardamom and clove giving this beer a spicy, full-bodied flavor. This truly is an Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Perfect finisher on a cool autumn night, or match it up with a slice of pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream. It is available August through November."

Both of these beers would pair nicely with an annual viewing of 1999's "Sleepy Hollow."

Speaking of movies, looks like a new movie is hitting theaters in the same vein as "The Blair Witch Project," it's called "Paranormal Activity."

Here's a description of the film and a reviewer's quote...

A young couple suspects that their house is haunted by a malevolent entity. They set up video surveillance to capture evidence of what happens as they sleep. Their surveillance and home videos have been edited into the 99 minute feature film Paranormal Activity.

"So Scary! Just when you thought it was safe to close your eyes... Good luck going to sleep!" - Harry Knowles AINT IT COOL NEWS




Looks scary, but it's no giant floating Oprah's head from the now classic Halloween 2007 video from the Woodside...



Hey, here's a video find... found this tonight on my Blackberry, I recorded a couple videos during the Canada trip - one of the morning mist and another motoring out to our morning fishing spot.



- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007