First Frost
Happy Friday!Our First Frost of the season is on its way this evening. Yes, it gets cold here in the south too!
It may be a little early, but I couldn't think of a better choice for a chilly eve than Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale. Actually, most of the winter seasonal brews have already arrived on the shelves.
Election Day was earlier this week, and it always surprises me how empty the polling places are on non-Presidential years. There wasn't even a line when I voted, and here in Charlotte we were voting for a new mayor!
In other news... I don't mind that the Yankees won the World Series, but I hate that it had to be the Phillies taking the loss. They've accomplished so much in the last couple years, and hopefully they can bounce back next year!
I'm also afraid it may be my fault the Phils lost. I was wearing a Shruty's Pub sweatshirt during all their wins in the post season. That was until Game 6, I forgot to wear it! Sorry fellow Phillies fans!
Regardless, its time to get over the Phils and look forward to the Eagles match up this weekend with the Cowboys. Let's hope the same Eagles team shows up that put the smack down on the Giants last weekend!
- Salud!
Comments