Early Rogue and Beef Stew

Happy Friday!

Tonight's brew is too good to wait until Christmas to open... Rogue Santa's Private Reserve!

My rule of thumb is if it's on the shelf it's not too early. Besides, these beers are only around for a short period of time each year so why not grab them while you can.

Last weekend I made beef stew as planned. It was my second time ever making it, and came out great.

This was an Emeril beef stew recipe that I modified slightly as I replaced a portion of the beef stock with some Columbia Crest - Grand Estates Cabernet. This wine was under $7 at the Total Wine, but tasted like it should cost 5x more!


I also traded out two yellow onions for one large Vidalia, and I did the small red potatoes with the skin vs. the called for russet. And of course, had to add some dill weed too!


- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007