Chili Refresh

This past weekend I switched up my chili recipe that I posted back in December. It was basically the same, except this time I went with Grilled Chicken & Sausage along with a few other changes listed below.


The recipe called for 2 pounds of meat so I decided to go with grilled chicken and Italian sausage - most likely because I had some chicken breasts left in the freezer. They were small so I had 4 of them, that all together weighed a little over a pound. Once thawed, I marinated them for a few hours in a Caribbean Jerk marinade. I grilled them about 4-5 minutes a side then after they cooled a bit, I sliced them into chunks and set them aside.

While I was grilling the chicken, I roasted the garlic in the oven with a little olive oil and some salt and pepper. The roasted garlic is so much easier to work with than cleaning and chopping the raw garlic.

Instead of the red and green peppers for the holidays, I went with a red and an orange pepper that I thought would add to the sweetness.


The one final addition was a Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. It has more hops and barley than a regular Guinness and a bit of a kick with a 7.5% abv.
Foreign Extra Stout is brewed with generous hops and roasted barley for a bittersweet balance & full-flavored, natural bite. Developed over 200 years ago for global export from Ireland, the addition of extra hops ensured this Stout would arrive to its destination in perfect condition. Today, Guinness Foreign Extra Stout is enjoyed by millions of people around the world.


Almost forgot, I usually top the chili with some shredded Gouda. Young or old Gouda is good, but this time went with a smoked Gouda. It was very nice.

- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007