Five4Friday - 10/10/2014

I launched a new music series called Five4Friday back on October 10. Essentially five tunes hand-picked by me for the week, and posted to MixCloud on Friday evening. This is the first post in the series. I'm limited to 1,000 characters in the MixCloud description so going forward I'll be sharing longer posts here with more info about each track. This mix reached 23rd in the MixCloud Alternative Rock chart and 100th in the Rock chart.



Five tunes for a Friday... this week kicks off with a jazz classic by Les McCann & Eddie Harris, followed by two relatively new tunes by Serena Ryder and Benjamin Booker. The Derek Trucks Band's powerful cover of Bob Dylan's "Down In The Flood" is up next, and finishing up the mix is the band forty, a three-man group formed in Boston in the 90s. They sounded like a blend of Nirvana and Husker Du, but unfortunately their time was cut short when the lead singer/guitarist OD'd a few years after this recording. I was lucky enough to see them live a couple times in Boston. - Salud!

Follow me on Twitter @tpanovec and #Five4Friday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007