Summer Mix 2024
This year's summer mix spans 61 years with 26 tracks from 1963 to 2024, and touches every decade in between.
The mix opens with the tranquil sounds of a gentle stream and birds chirping on a summer's day, and closes with a nighttime melody of ocean waves crashing and crickets chirping. Again this year, no plot or theme other than songs that seem to fit with kicking back on a summer's afternoon or evening.
Crème Brûlée - Sitting on Stacy (2024)
Wonderland - JJ Grey & Mofro (2024)
Dominoes - Jungle (2023)
Tiny Moves - Bleachers (2024)
The Place That Makes Me Happy - The Moss (2023)
Mood Swings - Marcus King (2024)
Fool To Think (Live) - Dave Matthews Band (2004)
Vehicle - The Ides of March (1970)
Digging Your Scene - The Blow Monkeys (1986)
Beautiful People (Stay High) - The Black Keys (2024)
Summer Girl - HAIM (2019)
August 10 - Khruangbin (2018)
All I Ever Wonder - St. Paul & The Broken Bones (2016)
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police (1981)
Let Loose - Mt. Joy (2020)
Tired of Being Alone - Chicago & Al Green (1973)
Real Love Baby - Father John Misty (2016)
Carry On - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (1970)
I Think I Like When It Rains - WILLIS (2017)
Broken Stones - Paul Weller (1995)
Things You Don't Have to Do (feat. Norah Jones) - Peter Malick (2003)
Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever (Live) - Tedeschi Trucks Band (2019)
Swing On Down (Live in Boston) - G. Love & Special Sauce & Donavon Frankenreiter (2023)
Ice Cream (Live) - Sarah McLachlan (1999)
Heartless - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats (2024)
Mood Indigo - Duke Ellington & Coleman Hawkins (1963)
This year's cover photo was taken facing southeast at The Woodside on 4/28/2024.
Notable notes... I can't believe I haven't used The Blow Monkey's "Digging Your Scene" in a summer mix yet. I got to see them open for The Psychedelic Furs during the summer of 1986.
Sarah McLachlan is currently on tour celebrating the 30th anniversary of "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy," and G. Love & Special Sauce are also on tour celebrating the 30th anniversary of their self-titled debut album.
Pour a few cocktails and enjoy these fine tunes with someone sweet - Salud!


Comments