DMB in Chicago

Lago and I are planning our concert trips for Dave Matthews Band this year and we're going to Chicago for one of the trips. Last year we went to Alpine Valley, but we did not enjoy sitting on the lawn trying to keep the drunkards from falling on us – last time we get lawn seats. I enjoy a few cocktails myself at DMB shows, but not to the point of falling on strangers (you're allowed to fall on friends) and puking -- ah youth, I remember when I had my first beer.

Anyway, we flew into Chicago, went to a White Sox game, rented a car and drove up to Alpine Valley. I had been to Chicago a few times, but it was Lago's first time. That's when we fell in love with the Weber Grill restaurant. We have our own Weber gas grill here at the Lounge, but this was like going to heaven – that is if you love red meat. If you don't like red meat or you're a vegan, well good on you, but you probably won’t enjoy reading this blog, and bon voyage to ya. For those sticking around... ahh, we love the Weber Grill!


We went for dinner, Lago had the prime rib and I had a rib-eye -- ayecarumba were they good and they both tasted completely different, as they should. We also had the red wine sangria. Momma mia, wish we had the recipe. We looked online and nowhere to be found. Lago found some other sangria recipes, but as she’s known to do, takes a bit of this one and a bit of that one and makes her own. We had our first batch of sangria (for this year) just last weekend -- good stuff Lago!

But, back to the Weber Grill... we also had dessert, excellent as well. We had such a good meal and excellent service, Lago left a note on the back of the bill telling the waiter what a good experience we had. So good in fact, we went back the next day for lunch. This time I got a burger and Lago had ribs – so glad we went back, excellent again. We didn’t have the same waiter as the night before, but he stopped by to thank us for the note and had dessert sent over to our table on him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007