Sangria

Well, here I am! It's Lago. I have to say from the beginning that I usually don't have too much to say, unless I get really excited about something. So, don't expect to hear from me too much.
Timmay suggested I post my Sangria recipe since he likes it so much. I must caution the reader/drinker. This is a STRONG recipe, so if you don't like strong, I'll list the alternatives.

*****1 bottle of Sweet Red wine of choice - We like Rapidan River Sweet red or Chateau Morrisette--1 liter

*****1 cup white rum
*****1 cup Triple Sec
*****1golden delicious apple---chopped in chunks
*****1 Granny Smith Apple---chopped in chunks
*****1 large juicy orange cut in half----slice 1/2 of the orange
*****optional***gingerale to taste---about 1 to 1and 1/2 cups
***** If you don't like strong drinks then add 1/2 cup rum and 1/2 cup triple sec ******with 1 cup orange or cranberry juice.*********

In 2 quart container mix the bottle of wine, rum and triple sec and mix well
In your Sangria server place the chopped/sliced fruit
Add the liquid portion to the Sangria server. Squeeze the juice of the 1/2 orange into the mix followed by the ginger ale (if you feel it's needed).
Stir well.
Let sit in the fridge overnight to allow the juices to mix and the fruit to absorb the liquid.

Quite honestly, if I use the amount of alcohol I have listed I end up using just about a cup of diet ginger ale and no additional OJ.
I especially love to eat the fruit about 2 days later!! Sometimes I use peaches or grapefruit or melon....use whatever you like!!

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007