Move Out, Move In


Written Friday, July 21, 2006
Photos taken Sat., July 22, 2006.

We closed on our new house on Mon., July 17 in Charlotte, drove back to Virginia, where the movers packed us and loaded the truck Wed. – Fri. Now, here it is Fri. afternoon and I’m standing in the new house. It feels like ages ago when we were here on Mon., it’s been a long week. I brought the three cats with me and Lago has the dog. Our belongings are set to arrive tomorrow, Sat., and Lago should be here tomorrow or Sun. The cats and I will be spending our first night in the house tonight. The cats were very good for the most part on the drive down. Each was in their own carrier and Lago sedated them early this morning for the drive. Not a peep was heard from Flipper and Ella, but Vita was not happy about the drive and I let her wander around the car in her delirious state in hopes she would eventually quiet down. She took naps, but never for very long. Finally, she went back in the carrier on her own and I locked her in for the rest of the trip. We hired cleaners to come in and do the house from top to bottom and also hired a guy to clean the carpets. The carpet guy is here now and I hear the whirring cleaning machine above me upstairs. The cleaners where waiting for me when I arrived, I guess being a Fri. they wanted to get an early start and be done for the day. Once the carpet guy is done, I’m off to pick up some items for the house and get some dinner. We need to get shower curtain rods - I only noticed this today.

I can’t believe I made three trips to the dump yesterday. We got rid of our sofa that well, needed getting rid of. I took trash and some other items also.

I really should have brought a couple folding chairs with me so I’d have somewhere to sit besides the floor. At least I have the air mattress and with our belongings arriving tomorrow hopefully all should be well.

I’m really loving the new house. It’s quiet and roomy and already has a feeling of home. I think that’s what we liked when we saw it, it felt like a home. It had this intangible feeling that just felt nice to us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007