Holiday Brews Coming Out

Really chilly here tonight, going down to 29! The cool air and my cool Sierra Nevada Pale Ale remind me the holidays are coming, and the holiday and winter lagers & ales are already starting to hit the shelves. I picked up the ultimate stuff, Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale already and with the cool weather may even break some out this weekend. I'm looking forward to other winter/holiday brews by Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams and Harpoon. The Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is great stuff, but be prepared for a strong, hoppy wallop of a taste. It's one of my favorite holiday brews for the taste and the label, one of the best.

I also love the Sam Adams Winter Lager and especially the holiday 12-pack that includes the Old Fezziwig brew. There's nothing like an Old Fezziwig once it gets to be that holiday time and you have the lights low, some Christmas music and the fireplace DVD playing... ahhhhh.

There are some winter/holiday brews that have a little too much seasonal spice. I love the regular Anchor Steam, but their holiday brew tastes like a pine tree. That may not be accurate being as it's been awhile since I tasted one, but that one made me never want to go back for another.

I'm really anxious to taste the Harpoon Winter Warmer since I haven't had one in something like 10 years when I lived in Boston.

Ahhh, the holidays are coming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007