Phillipsburg vs. Easton - 100 Years

I know what you're thinking. Thanksgiving is coming up and you want to get your game on first thing in the a.m. on the big holiday morning. Yeah, you've got the Macy's Parade, that's fine and dandy. Lemme tell ya, they may not be the pros, NCAA Division I-A or any college team, but my high school, the Philllipsburg H.S. "Stateliners" of Phillipsburg, NJ, has the distinction of celebrating the 100th anniversary of playing their arch rival, the Easton H.S. "Red Rovers" of Easton, PA, on Thanksgiving morning at 9am ET on ESPN2 & ESPN2 HD. In my hometown, this is the equivalent of Auburn vs. Alabama, Notre Dame vs. USC, Oklahoma vs. Nebraska, etc.

It's been awhile since I've been to the big "Turkey Day game" in person. The last time I went, the morning started with a pork roll & egg sandwhich accompanied by a beer, with many more beers to follow. I think every game I went to was either cold or raining or both. Hey, you've got to combat the elements any way you can right? This year, I plan on tuning in for a great matchup no matter the outcome. The last time these two teams met on ESPN was during the NFL strike many years ago. Here's to another 100 years, Go Liners!

PHS Alumni
Stateliner Football

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007