Here One Year

This weekend marked the one-year anniversary that we've been in the new Lounge (Move Out, Move In). Hard to believe a whole year has passed. It was a year ago July 17 when we closed on the house and it was later that week when the cats and I spent our first night here on July 21. Our belongings arrived the following day on the 22nd (photo below).


I get a little twinge in my stomach just thinking about all those boxes, but at least most of them are gone now. Yes, we still have some left. We've slowly but surely made this house our own and still lots we'd like to do.

Below is a view of the front yard this morning - yep I know I didn't have a chance to trim with the "weed whacker" yesterday after I cut the grass. But isn't that always the case, there's always something more to do. :~)


Computer Update:
For you techies out there, below are some specs from the new machine Dell is building for me. You can still get Windows XP, which I opted for instead of Vista because most of my software is not Vista compatible. I think WinXP is available for the rest of the year. While this is a beefy machine, I tried to strike a balance between cost vs. power.

Dell XPS 410
Intel Core Duo Processor 2.66 GHz
2GB SDRAM at 800MHz
256MB nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS video card
320GB HD

I still have a 19-inch flat screen monitor that works great so no need to get another monitor. It also comes with a CD/DVD burner, that was standard. I have an external Sony CD/DVD burner that has been excellent and will rely on that for my needs. One other thing, I was able to NOT have all the Dell software crap pre-installed which was nice - including the ISP software.

I'd still love to get a Mini-Mac with a small flat screen and make that the perfect Lounge jukebox, but that's for another time. We have a Mini-Mac at work for web app/site testing that works great.

Programming Note:
Watch for special guests on the next edition of On Tap this coming Friday.

I'm off to tackle today's tasks.
Salut', fellow Loungers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007