NYC Trip
I was in New York City this week for all of 31 hours, Wednesday morning until Thursday evening. No matter how long or short my trip lasts, I always feel like I was there for a week. Most trips to the corporate home office at the Time Warner Center on Manhattan's Columbus Circle revolve around specific meetings for work and this trip was no different.Don't get me wrong, I'll take a trip to NYC over the former home of Adelphia's corporate office in Coudersport (Where-the-Hell-is-that) PA, any day of the week. Traveling up to the NYC office entails "suiting up" as they say on the CBS TV show "How I Met Your Mother." Yep, got to throw on the ol' suit and tie, and with the meetings and VP muckity mucks lurking around every turn, not to mention our Grand Poobah muckity muck, you've got to "suit up" mentally too - got to be sharp and on your toes. Lunch, dinner or just drinks you've got to come to play and have your "game face on" so to speak, to toss in another metaphor.
This week was our department staff meeting to line up projects for the year and get reacquainted with fellow dept. members, who are scattered around the country in New York, Charlotte, Chicago and Oklahoma City. The meetings went well and even got positive feedback on our site redesign.
Went out for drinks following our four-hour meeting on Wednesday at the Stone Rose located in the Time Warner Center. Very cool spot for drinks and our usually watering hole when Jimmy Joe Pete and I make the trip north - even better when the boss is buying! We followed this up with a group dinner at Cafe Fiorello just a couple blocks away. I had the house specialty, the open face lasagna. This was a large platter that instead of having all the lasagna ingredients stacked on top of one another were spread out over a bed of lasagna noodles, very tasty. Had that along with a Caesar salad and we all had some chocolate mousse for desert. After dinner, Jimmy Joe Pete and I finally checked into our rooms at the Empire Hotel, not bad, better than the Hudson but would rather be at the Essex House. We had a few drinks down at P.J. Clarke's before calling it a night.

Next day had another four-hour meeting before enjoying a buffalo chicken wrap at the Time Warner Cafeteria which overlooks Central Park and heading home.
The weather peops are calling for snow here tomorrow following rain, we'll see. Looks like it may be cold enough, but you never know. Good day for staying in and watching some movies. Looking forward to the games on Sunday. I think it will be the Packers vs. the Patriots in the Super Bowl, but I don't have a favorite. Mostly just hoping for some close exciting games and cheers to whoever wins.
Enjoy your Friday evening, as I enjoy the last remnants of the holiday in the last of the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Currently listening to the "Rat Pack" playlist on the ol' jukebox, playing now is a duet between Nat King Cole and Dean Martin.
Below is a photo I took just before I left the Charlotte airport of a Philadelphia Eagle emblazoned on the tail of a US Airways jet. Never saw that before!

- Salud!
Comments