Holly Jolly Friday
Happy Friday, or should I say a Holly Jolly Friday! Also Happy Repeal Day!
Sorry to be away from posting for awhile. I have been updating the Twitter from time to time, but have not had a chance to make a proper blog post.

I got a free winter hat and we all got these sunglasses that had plastic slits instead of glass. Not sure what they protected your eyes from, but they delivered many a shot to our table!
Haven't ran since my return, but hoping to get a run in this weekend along with putting up the outside Christmas lights. Got a timer last year, which is not only great for when I'm away, but nice not to have to go out in the cold and unplug the lights before bed. Some people leave their lights on overnight, but I have gotten into the habit of only leaving the lights on overnight on Christmas Eve.
Let's see, well what's happening right now... I'm enjoying a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Ella Bella just dropped her toy mouse behind me wanting me to throw it for her, and the jukebox just went from Dean Martin to The Isley Brothers -- some things never change :~)
The jukebox is actually spinning a new playlist I created the other day. It's called "Woodside Christmas" and combines all the tracks from the regular Woodside playlist along with all the tracks from my Christmas playlist, which includes everything from Frank, Dean, Nat, Jackie Gleason, Harry Connick Jr., Diana Krall, Bing and Boston Pops on up to and including South Park's "Mr. Hankey's Holiday Classics."
Almost forgot Ray Charles, who just came on singing the old holiday classic "This Time of The Year." In typical jukebox fashion, now Dave and the boys are running through "Everyday."
The jukebox is actually spinning a new playlist I created the other day. It's called "Woodside Christmas" and combines all the tracks from the regular Woodside playlist along with all the tracks from my Christmas playlist, which includes everything from Frank, Dean, Nat, Jackie Gleason, Harry Connick Jr., Diana Krall, Bing and Boston Pops on up to and including South Park's "Mr. Hankey's Holiday Classics."
Almost forgot Ray Charles, who just came on singing the old holiday classic "This Time of The Year." In typical jukebox fashion, now Dave and the boys are running through "Everyday."I was in Florida last week to visit with my Mom and Walter for the holiday. Had a great time, got three runs in down there including one on the beach, and had two beach days!
We had a great Thanksgiving meal topped off by a big Eagles win! I was afraid I might have gained some weight, but this week was right back to my 185 lbs.
On one of our evenings out, a couple ladies were handing out free margarita shots and other paraphernalia promoting Three Olives Vodka.

I got a free winter hat and we all got these sunglasses that had plastic slits instead of glass. Not sure what they protected your eyes from, but they delivered many a shot to our table!
Haven't ran since my return, but hoping to get a run in this weekend along with putting up the outside Christmas lights. Got a timer last year, which is not only great for when I'm away, but nice not to have to go out in the cold and unplug the lights before bed. Some people leave their lights on overnight, but I have gotten into the habit of only leaving the lights on overnight on Christmas Eve.Ooh, Frank and Dean now joining in on "It's a Marshmallow World In The Winter." Now that's freaky, jukebox just went to Bob Marley's "I Shot The Sheriff."
In other news, my Woot.com "Bag Of Crap" arrived today and truly lived up to its name. I got a box of seven (7) Cat In The Hat PDAs (for ages 5 and up) and a camera bag. Oh well, so much for the allure of the unknown and the chance for a flat-screen TV or some other exotic prize. Imagine I go into a bar and place my Cat In The Hat PDA on the bar, maybe even make a fake phone call on it -- how long before they throw me in the loony bin! :~)

Dave's solo album version of "So Damn Lucky" just came on followed by... oh, nice... Joss Stone "Girl They Won't Believe It." Creating some freaky musical segue ways... Lou Rawls "Little Drummer Boy" followed up by Moby's "Porcelain."

Dave's solo album version of "So Damn Lucky" just came on followed by... oh, nice... Joss Stone "Girl They Won't Believe It." Creating some freaky musical segue ways... Lou Rawls "Little Drummer Boy" followed up by Moby's "Porcelain."
Last weekend got a delayed win on Monday Night in the fantasy football and sealed a spot in the playoffs, which for fantasy starts in Week 15 of the NFL season. Also caught up on the not-so-old holiday classic "Grumpy Old Men."
Another weird musical segue way...
"Auld Lang Syne" followed by Tori Amos' "God" and then Harry Connick Jr.'s "Most Wonderful Time of The Year" from his new CD.
I created an iMix for a chilly Holiday Evening, the Woodside Holiday 7. The mix consists of two Three Dog Night tracks that bookend some holiday classics.
Have a great weekend if I don't check in again over Sat. and Sun., until next time. If I missed anything, look for it in my next post.
- Salud!

Comments