It's Santa Time
Good evening all and Happy Holly Jolly Friday! Fittingly, Dave is on the jukebox singing "eat, drink and be merry!" Warmed up to the high 60s today and even after 7pm it was still 64 degrees. This time of year, I wish we were getting some of the winter weather that you're getting up north - well, except for the cold temps. Perhaps I spoke too soon as I see we may be getting the cold temps sans the winter weather next week.
As promised in my last post I have a new beer I'm trying tonight. Typical for this time of year, Santa delivers and does he ever in Rogue's Santa's Private Reserve. While less intense and not as sweet as the Double Dead Guy from the other night, Santa's Reserve just may be the smoothest heavily hopped ale I've tasted. The beer is a deep red amber color and the smell of the hops are immediately evident. The consistency may even be slightly lighter than other ales, but not light in taste. The tasting notes on the Rogue Web site state that Santa's Reserve has "a roasty, malty flavor and a hoppy spruce finish." Both these are there, but only mildly. Come to think of it, Santa's Reserve has a bit of a kinship with Sam Adams Winter Lager or Old fezziwig Ale, but with more hops. Santa's Reserve is well worth seeking out or even staying up late to see if the jolly old elf himself might place one in your stocking or a few beneath the tree.
Holy odd musical segue ways... the jukebox just went from Andy Williams' "Oh Holy Night" to The Ramones doin' the "Cretin Hop" - now that's a jukebox!
I discovered something this week and it's the following - I weigh less than Oprah and I'm younger than Brad Pitt!
I posted this last year, but feel it's fitting once again. Actually, I remember looking forward to seeing this commercial every year, up until they stopped airing it. So here it is once again, my choice for what is perhaps the best holiday beer commercial ever, enjoy!
Wishing you all a good evening and Buon Natale,
Salud!
As promised in my last post I have a new beer I'm trying tonight. Typical for this time of year, Santa delivers and does he ever in Rogue's Santa's Private Reserve. While less intense and not as sweet as the Double Dead Guy from the other night, Santa's Reserve just may be the smoothest heavily hopped ale I've tasted. The beer is a deep red amber color and the smell of the hops are immediately evident. The consistency may even be slightly lighter than other ales, but not light in taste. The tasting notes on the Rogue Web site state that Santa's Reserve has "a roasty, malty flavor and a hoppy spruce finish." Both these are there, but only mildly. Come to think of it, Santa's Reserve has a bit of a kinship with Sam Adams Winter Lager or Old fezziwig Ale, but with more hops. Santa's Reserve is well worth seeking out or even staying up late to see if the jolly old elf himself might place one in your stocking or a few beneath the tree.Holy odd musical segue ways... the jukebox just went from Andy Williams' "Oh Holy Night" to The Ramones doin' the "Cretin Hop" - now that's a jukebox!
I discovered something this week and it's the following - I weigh less than Oprah and I'm younger than Brad Pitt!
I posted this last year, but feel it's fitting once again. Actually, I remember looking forward to seeing this commercial every year, up until they stopped airing it. So here it is once again, my choice for what is perhaps the best holiday beer commercial ever, enjoy!
Wishing you all a good evening and Buon Natale,
Salud!
Comments