Ah Yeah, It’s The Weekend!

It’s another weekend at The Woodside and last night the jukebox was kickin’ out one of those “once in a blue moon” shuffles that was rockin’! I had a feeling it was one of those nights when the jukebox spun three Black Crowes songs in a row to start off the evening and turned out to be a great mix all night.

At one point the jukebox cycled through “Must of Got Lost” by the J. Geils Band, “If You Really Love Me” by Stevie Wonder, “When She Begins” by Social Distortion, and a little Dave Matthews and Friends. Oh and look out, some Led Zep, baby!

What a week it’s been. Had MLK Day off and got my run in before the impending snow storm, which welcomed in President Obama’s inauguration. Tuesday was our usually Moe’s burritos day so I went to lunch with the guys and set my DirecTV DVR to record the inauguration via the DirecTV Web site – can you say, sa-weet! Watched the whole deal later that night when I got home and also took in all the inauguration ball specials. Say what you will, I’m really excited to see what’s to come!

The rest of the week was cold, but got my next scheduled run in on Thursday evening with almost the same pace as when I ran with Jimmy Joe Pete last week. I got another run in today. We were supposed to get some rain, but never came even though it looked like it would rain most of the day. Actually got to run in a sweatshirt and shorts today – no gloves, no long pants! At first it felt weird, but that passed quickly and I enjoyed the milder weather.

I probably don’t have to say how disappointed I was last Sunday when the Eagles lost to the Cardinals. They made such a great come back in the 2nd half, but it was hard to watch their defense, which has been so strong all year, be the difference in the end.

This year was a bit of an anomaly for me, as I usually don’t get to see many of the Eagles’ games, if at all. But I ordered the DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket to amend that and have been with them the whole season. What a ride it’s been. Just getting into the playoffs was a feat in itself, but to go as deep as they did speaks to their team commitment as they forged into the end of the season. Better luck next year guys!

I recently broke down and joined Facebook to see what all the hullabaloo was about, and must say I’m digging it. It’s a great tool for staying connected and re-connecting with friends and family. I want to add some group pages soon for Spruce Run Lifeguards and the Lopatcong Swim Team. I found some old photos to post too.

That's about it for now.

- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007