A Southern Girl, 44 Years and a Trip North

Happy Friday to y'all!

Tonight I'm keeping it simple and enjoying a Lagunitas IPA. Well, simple for me as its their year-round offering and not a seasonal release, an imperial or a double. Just a plain ol' good and hoppy IPA from Petaluma, Calif.

I celebrated my 44th year last week with a trip up north to see family and friends. I didn't have anything special planned, but spending time with everyone was special enough.

So I bet you're wondering who this "southern girl" is I mentioned in the headline. Her name is Michele and we've been seeing each other a few weeks now. Yes, it's still early, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention someone who's made me laugh and smile quite a bit lately. She's a native Carolinian and she's made this "northern yankee" feel very lucky to have met such a smart and lovely lady. We have plans to see each other tomorrow, and I dare say we're both looking forward to seeing each other and chillin' at the ol' Woodside Lounge.

Especially now... I hate to say it for the northern folks, but it's beautiful here with all the leaves fully out. It's like summer is here already, but no one told the calendar.

Last Friday, I joined Pops on his weekly visit to The Legion for some Yuenglings and a cigar.

I also finally got to try a very fine IPA from Philadelphia's own Yards Brewery. Wow, that's the most head I've ever seen on a beer and my was it tasty! Wish we could get it distributed down in these parts.

For my birthday, I had lunch with my Pops and sister Linda, and then later that evening enjoyed a lasagna dinner. Thanks Linda, it was very good!

After dinner, I went up to see The Monkey and family for an evening of drinks, music, pool and good conversation. The Monkey and I enjoyed an excellent triple IPA called Hop'solutely from Allentown Brew Works - great stuff!

It seemed to go by so fast, but I also got a couple runs in wearing my new running shoes and they felt great. It was a little chilly up there compared to the weather here. I was glad I had a recently purchased light-weight running jacket with me, which was perfect for the cool spring air.

In other news... I was excited to receive my annual Dave Matthews Band Warehouse membership package yesterday, but was disappointed to see I had received the Warehouse 5 music disc in error. I should have received the Warehouse 8 music disc, which is reserved for members with more than four years of membership in the band's fan association. I wrote them an email, but have yet to hear back. Hopefully they'll send the other disc.

Here's to a good weekend for one and all y'all.

- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007