A Dog Day Evening
Happy Friday!Let me first say that the "dog" theme in tonight's post is purely coincidental, especially when you consider I picked up my beer selection yesterday - spooky.
On tap this evening is BrewDog's Hardcore IPA. BrewDog is made in Scotland, but they take a "new world" approach to brewing and fully embrace the American-style IPA. Upon drinking you'd think this was an Imperial IPA from the states, but then you'd be wrong.
I came home today and was greeted by a young pit bull in the back yard. She barked at first, but then was very friendly. I immediately checked around the neighborhood to see if anyone was missing a dog. No luck.
I tied her up out back in the shade and gave her some water. Then I posted info and photos on Craigslist and Fidofinder, but nothing. I called the shelter and they sent an officer out who arrived around 9 p.m. to pick her up. He scanned her for a microchip, but unfortunately she didn't have one.
She seemed like a good dog, but can't take her in with the kitties. From what I've heard and read, they seem to do a pretty good job here of trying to locate the owners and/or find them homes.
In other news...
I was at the allergist this week and they confirmed that I'm allergic to cats and dust, along with ragweed. I got some new medication to try thanks to the doc's cache of sample meds, so we'll see if these work better than the mild stuff my GP initially prescribed.
I didn't mind the scratch and needle tests, it was the office music that was nothing but alternative hits of the 1980s. What were we thinking with all that synthesizer crap - ugghh! Give me some Led Zep any day.
Hope everyone has a great Father's Day this weekend. Looking forward to catching some of the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, and mostly trying to stay cool as 96 is the anticipated high for Sunday.
- Salud!
Comments