Florida, Fish Tacos and a Full Sail Brew

Howdy ho yo, Friday once again!

Enjoying some Sierra Nevada Southern Hemi Harvest. No need to post a photo as I had this same ale a few weeks a ago.

I got back from Florida this week. Had a good trip visiting my Mom and Walter, and even caught up with Aunt Susan and Uncle Ron. Was good to see everyone and spend some down time together.

First night, we ate at The Ark, known for their huge buffet. Then stopped in the Hard Rock Casino for a walk around and a drink.

Next evening we went out to Jimbo's Sandbar located on the intercoastal waterway for drinks and dinner. I ran earlier in the day and was starving. I immediately ordered their fish tacos. Wow, were they good. The fish was nice and slightly blackened. I would get them again.

As it was still early, the fish tacos were really just an appetizer for me. After awhile we decided to have dinner just down the street at Le Tub, famous for their eclectic decor as well as their burgers. They were packed, so someone recommended we try Capone's Flicker Lite next door, also on the intercoastal waterway.


It didn't look like much from the outside, but they promised dockside seating. They delivered, and we had an excellent view for dinner. Capone's as you may have guessed had a Chicago flavor, but also had the typical bar and grill fare. Not bad, but still dreaming of those fish tacos!


Next day, we hit the beach.


After a run, hydration and lunch I cracked open an Oskar Blues - Dale's Pale Ale. Their brews only come in a can so perfect for the beach. Not to mention they're darn tasty!

Speaking of brews, I discovered a beer I never had before while traveling. Nope it's not from Florida. It's Full Sail Brewing and they hail from Hood River, Oregon. Kurt Vonnegut was it tasty! I only had their IPA, but wow this should be the Wiki definition of IPA.

Hey Ol' Lazy Acres, check out Full Sail brews when you make the sacred journey to The Gorge this summer to see DMB, and yes they have an Amber!

FYI - their web site was not designed for cross-browser functionality as it looked very 1995 in IE 8, but looked fine in Safari. Can't hold it against a brewer this good and employee owned to boot.

Back to the beach...
It was a holiday weekend and the most crowded I've ever seen. We had to park at the very top of the parking garage, and most times we can find a spot on the street.


Next day was Memorial Day, and I realized I didn't have a decent US Coast Guard shirt to wear for such an occasion to celebrate the fine men and women who gave their lives to protect this country. Need to work on that.

We joined in a covered-dish picnic in my Mom and Walter's community. Had a good time and afterward took the doggies on a sunset golf cart ride.


Had one day of rain, but got some shopping in which actually worked out well as I needed some updating to my summer clothes.


Next up, a couple Dave Matthews Band shows up north. Really looking forward to it as the set lists have been all over the place as they are scheduled to take 2011 off from touring.

Almost forgot it's Stefan Lessard's birthday today. Why, he's the bass player for Dave Matthews Band of course. Happy Birthday Stefan!



- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007