Happy Autumn

Happy Friday greetings and welcome to Autumn!

While it's been in the 90s here all week, with the arrival of Fall, tonight's brew is The Bruery's Autumn Maple.

"Brewed with 17 lbs. of yams per barrel (in other words, a lot of yams!), this autumn seasonal is a different take on the "pumpkin" beer style. Brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla, molasses, and maple syrup, and fermented with our traditional Belgian yeast strain, this bold and spicy beer is perfect on a cold autumn evening."

It tastes like an "autumny" dark Belgian ale and lives up to its description. Definitely an excellent brew for a "cool autumn evening."

Last weekend I got to see The Black Crowes on their latest tour and what could be their last as they've decided to take an indefinite leave following the tour's completion at the end of the year.


It was a great show and broken into two parts. They opened with an acoustic set (photo above) followed by a 15 minute break before launching into an electric set (photos below).


The show was at one of Charlotte's newest venues, the NC Music Factory, which is made up of a small outdoor amphitheatre, where The Black Crowes performed, an indoor venue modeled after San Francisco's famous Fillmore, and surrounded by bars and nightclubs in what was formerly a large warehouse complex.


Every time I hear "Thorn In My Pride" it's like I forgot what a great song it is. I really wanted to hear "My Morning Song," but couldn't complain about the setlist at all. When you consider they played for 3 hours and included "Go Faster," which not only is on my iPod's run playlist, but they haven't played it live in 4 years - Wow!

Lady Gaga was also in town that night, but it wasn't a hard choice on which show to choose!



In the past, I was lucky enough to see Jimmy Page perform with The Black Crowes in 2000 when Kenny Wayne Shepherd opened, and then again in 2001 with Oasis as the opener.

I took the photos and video with my new HTC Droid Incredible phone that I upgraded to last week. Very similar to the iPhone, and while I have my entire music library in iTunes, I prefer not to have my music collection on my phone.

I like having the time, date and weather right up front. I have it set up for my work and personal emails, and one of the best features is being able to search Google by just talking into the phone. Very cool! This is the type of device you thought was only possible in sci-fi movies when you were a kid. Amazing to think how far we've come!

In other news...
I got my new Philadelphia Eagles customized football jersey this week. I had been thinking about getting one of these, but couldn't decide on what number to get. I finally decided on 41 for my favorite Dave Matthews Band song named "#41." Yep, I know it has nothing to do with football, but I like it anyway.


Looks like we finally may get some rain next week. It's been so long I honestly can't remember the last time it rained here.

- Salud!

Comments

Tom said…
welcome to the droid world. i have the hero. looking maybe at trading up...

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007