Nine Miles and Jumpin'

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

After spending the last couple holidays out of town it's good to have a three-day weekend to catch up on things around The Woodside.

The weather has been great this weekend - no humidity, highs in the mid-80s and overnight lows below 60. First time I had the windows open and the air conditioning off in months!

I had my 9 mile run on Saturday and it went well. Not to say it was easy, but I felt like my conditioning has started to payoff. My previous longest run was 7 miles so this was a big step for me. I also marked another milestone yesterday, I now have over 800 total miles on the Nike+iPod!

To celebrate, I enjoyed the Stone 14th Anniversary "Emperial" IPA last night. It was very good, full of "citrusy" hop goodness.

I'm also "celebrating" a new desk chair at home. I was having some on and off again back and glute issues that I finally narrowed down to my desk chair here at The Woodside. Seemed like whenever I spent more than a few minutes in my chair at the computer I came away with stiffness and pain that would take all week to get rid of through stretching and exercising. Today I bought a new chair to correct this and seems to be going well so far.

In other news...
We held the BooYah League Fantasy Football Draft this past Wednesday night. We're now at 12 teams in the league so looks to be a competitive year. I just hope my new draft strategy paid off. Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. But, as most so-called fantasy football experts agree you're a fool if you think you're going to have the "perfect draft."

With the NFL set to begin this week, gets me thinking about Sundays regardless if they fall on a long weekend or not. Sundays at The Woodside always consist of a few main ingredients... Grilled steaks, a nice red wine and a playlist of "Rat Pack" style favorites that includes a rendition of Count Basie's "Jumpin' At The Woodside."



- Salud!

Comments

Tom said…
Watch out for the Blue! Congrats on the 9 miles. You can now join Taylor for her cross country runs.
Doc Lago said…
Awesome!! I am proud of you! Keep it up!! Are you going to run Vegas? Maybe you should run NY and see your old stompin grounds on foot!
Jilly and I ran our first distance run of the season yesterday, 7 miles! Jilly could've kept on running! She's a nut!

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007