Hoppy Autumn Friday

Evening and Happy Friday! Long time no blog.

I'm enjoying a Sierra Nevada Estate Ale on this cool autumn's eve...
"From our fields comes a remarkable homegrown ale, made with organic wet hops and barley grown at our brewery here in Chico and one of the few estate-made ales produced anywhere in the world!"

I was in New York City this week, but only for a couple days for work meetings. Hit the usual spots... Tuesday night after we got in hit the The 5 Napkin Burger, and across the street from there the Mercury Bar (they have Goose Island IPA on draft), and then Wednesday night took a cab down to The Garage in the Village for live jazz. I like that place. They have live music no matter the day of the week and the food is pretty good too. Had the seared jumbo sea scallops and risotto, was really good and paired well with my draft Harpoon IPA.


Thursday we took the subway down to the World Trade Center site from Midtown. We were hoping to see the memorial, but even though it's free you need to reserve a pass prior to going. I think they restrict it that way, because it's still an active construction site and for security.


They were out of passes for the day when we got there. While we didn't get to see the memorial, got my first in-person view of the Freedom Tower.

We hopped in a cab and headed to the airport from there. We have this one spot we like to kick back and have a couple beers while we wait for our flight at LaGuardia. Flights are by the norm late so needless to say I've spent some time there. This day, they had a beer I never heard of before. It was a local IPA, Kelso of Brooklyn. It was very good. Everything you expect (that is if you're an IPA lover) from a local IPA on draft... flavorful hop bite, strong but not too strong, a nice caramel color and lots of "lace" left around the top of the glass. It was very good. If you stumble across this one try it, you'll be glad you did.

Looks like sunny and 75 here this weekend, but Saturday's low is currently forecast for 44 degrees! That's getting a might cool for the south, especially in October. I am seeing a good deal of acorns coming down this year. Hope that's not a sign of a chilly winter.

- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007