Summer Mix 2012
Here it is... the premiere of this year's summer mix. Lots of new stuff with old stuff mixed in, and made for repeat listening as the first song is a good follow up to the last song. This year's mix pairs well with any brew, wine or libation but for me a nice unfiltered IPA did just fine.Funny thing is last year's Motown-infused summer mix was inspired by the Fitz & The Tantrums, who are included this year. Tried as I could, they just didn't fit in to last year's summer mix.
This year I was bound and determined to include more new songs, especially after being introduced to so many new acts/artists at last year's DMB Caravan festival in Atlantic City. The last song was added near the end of putting the whole mix together, even though it seems as if the whole mix builds up to that song. A happy accident I guess.
A little known fact is that I don't repeat songs in my summer mixes. This goes back to 2003/04 when I started putting them together annually, and shortly before our summer mix competition began in 2005. So if you're wondering why I did/didn't use a particular song, that may be because I already used it in a previous summer mix.
Summer Mix 2012
Drive All Night - NEEDTOBREATHE
The Walk (Stardust Intro) - Mayer Hawthorne
Bright Lights - Gary Clark Jr.
Windows Are Rolled Down - Amos Lee
Breakin' the Chains of Love - Fitz & The Tantrums
Henry Nearly Killed Me (It's a Shame) [Live] - Ray LaMontagne & the Pariah Dogs
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Love Train - The O'Jays
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Counting Crows
Dream Weaver - Gary Wright
Lost in My Mind - The Head and the Heart
Revolution - The Beatles
I'm Alright (Theme from Caddyshack) - Kenny Loggins
Be Mine (Sleepy Time Down South Intro) [Live] - The Alabama Shakes
Can't Get Enough - Bad Company
Midnight in Harlem - Tedeschi Trucks Band
Best of My Love - The Emotions
Some Kind of Ride [Live] - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
Sailing - Christopher Cross
- Salud!

Comments