Five4Friday - 12/12/2014


This week's Five4Friday... Christmas songs that aren't really Christmas songs. The first track has a great spirit of love and joy, and it's his birthday, Frank Sinatra's live performance of "Fly Me To The Moon".

While I could have included George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" from the same album "All Things Must Pass", I like the life and love quality of "What Is Life". It has a "George Bailey" simple every-man tone.

Lenny Kravitz "Let Love Rule" an obvious choice for the season.

"God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys from the film "Love Actually" has become almost synonymous with the holiday, and includes jingling sleigh bells in the opening.

Wrapping things up is Elvis Costello & The Attractions' "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding".

It's Christmas, so a gift of a bonus track is in order. Three Dog Night's "Joy To The World".
I gotta get me some of that bullfrog's wine.

This week's cover art is another of my great grandfather's works presented in black and white. - Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007