Moving Earth

A small thunderstorm moved through earlier this evening, but not before I moved some earth away from the house. This project had been a long time coming. Last year I removed some timbers that rotted, but the soil and mulch they enclosed remained - as you can see in the Before photo below.

The tools for this project were simple yet effective - one shovel, one wheel barrow and one human, that would be me. Yes, I realize I just referred to myself as simple and a tool in one statement, but if it made you chuckle so be it :~)

Before

After many trips with the wheel barrow, a couple glasses of water and one tired human later, I relocated the soil, mulch, rocks, bricks and roots elsewhere.

After


Needless to say it's definitely Miller Time, or rather, this evening it's... Shipyard IPA Time! I had some beer from Maine when I visited The Monkey last weekend, and had a hunkering for more brew from the great state of Maine. It always reminds me of trips to Maine, and especially a road trip I made up north with The Monkey and Mrs. Monkey.

We drove up to Boston first to take in a Red Sox game, then it was on to Portland, Boothbay Harbor and finally Bar Harbor, our final stop. Maine is a great place to visit as long as it's summer time.

Below is a photo I took on one of my trips to Boothbay Harbor, Maine.

- Salud!

Comments

Anonymous said…
My back is hurtin' just by looking at those pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007