Jukebox Is Jumpin'
Good Saturday evening to one and all! Just cranked up the jukebox and I'd say off to good start when Billy Joel's "Easy Money" is the first tune out of the gate. An excellent track for a Saturday's eve.Unfortunate circumstances for The Monkey last night, although he had discovered a tasty brown ale, I didn't realize XM had a "Crap" channel. :~)
Speaking of The Monkey, he may have the Old Brown Dog Ale, but this evening I'm enjoying a very tasty Terrapin Rye Pale Ale from Athens, Ga. Yes sir, a turtle playing the banjo right there on the label! Good stuff, I highly recommend it if you like hoppy pale ales.
Dined early today. Ran this morning then had lunch after, but so hungry this afternoon I fired up the grill a little before 5pm. Had BBQ pork chops and some veggies. I nice starter before getting to work on my Summer Mix.
Yes the gauntlet has been thrown down once again for the best Summer Mix, a contest between Ol' Lazy Acres, Senor Blanco and myself, an annual tradition since 2005. Although last year's mixes went unjudged, this year promises a return to the formula of three judges casting votes for their choice of Best Summer Mix.
The rules are simple: the mix must fit onto an 80 min. recordable CD and are submitted sans track listing or any markings so as not to influence the judges. Judges must listen to each mix and cast their vote based on the entire mix.
Guidelines for creating the mix are loose and open to interpretation by the participants. Basically, the mix track selection and sequence attempt to best capture the spirit of a summer's day or evening.
Check out past mixes here:
Summer Mix 2006
Summer Mix 2007
This year I just don't know, I had been thinking about putting together a kind of "Best Of My Summer Mixes" purely for my own listening. But after speaking with Ol' Lazy Acres the other night the competition is back on and hopefully Senor Blanco is in too.
Well, enough writing about it, time to get to work on my Summer Mix.
- Salud!
Hey... I'm in the mood for some Clash this evening, here you go.
"Police On My Back"
Or how 'bout some "Soulshine"
Comments