Opener That Wasn't and 195
Howdy late evening to y'all! Been working on my Summer Mix tonight and haven't had a chance to post until now. Feels strange on what to post as I'm very much caught up in creating my Summer Mix, but don't want to give anything away to my competitors or skew the judges.
I will offer a track that was part of my opening for the Summer Mix, but had to pull it finally. Musically, you couldn't ask for a better track at the opening of a Summer Mix, but the lyrics were very contradictory of the music. While this is not unlike many great tracks -- The Replacements come to mind -- really kind of threw off the balance of the mix. Whether or not one of the judges would take note that the lyrics were very dark didn't matter because I knew they were there and couldn't get beyond it. Now, had I been working on a Halloween mix -- oh brotha, would I have a good track! Check out the "Opening Track That Wasn't" at the bottom of this post.
In other news...
While I haven't had a chance to run since last Saturday, I still managed to get down to 195 pounds this week! Um, I can't even recall last time I weighed under 200 pounds.
I have jungle-style grass cutting on tap for tomorrow morning and perhaps a run for the afternoon, or may hold that off until Sunday.
- Salud!
The Opener That Wasn't
"Wishing It Was" - Santana
I will offer a track that was part of my opening for the Summer Mix, but had to pull it finally. Musically, you couldn't ask for a better track at the opening of a Summer Mix, but the lyrics were very contradictory of the music. While this is not unlike many great tracks -- The Replacements come to mind -- really kind of threw off the balance of the mix. Whether or not one of the judges would take note that the lyrics were very dark didn't matter because I knew they were there and couldn't get beyond it. Now, had I been working on a Halloween mix -- oh brotha, would I have a good track! Check out the "Opening Track That Wasn't" at the bottom of this post.
In other news...
While I haven't had a chance to run since last Saturday, I still managed to get down to 195 pounds this week! Um, I can't even recall last time I weighed under 200 pounds.
I have jungle-style grass cutting on tap for tomorrow morning and perhaps a run for the afternoon, or may hold that off until Sunday.
- Salud!
The Opener That Wasn't
"Wishing It Was" - Santana
Comments