The Rub Off

Happy Friday The 13th!

First off, let me say I had a great trip last weekend. Between my gracious hosts and the rockin' concert, I couldn't have asked for a better trip! Lazy Acres North may be in the Midwest, but there's no mistaking true southern hospitality. I can't say "thank you" enough to The Fearys!

After the special tour we received at Anheuser-Busch, I imagine it wouldn't be long before the "rub off" occurred. That's me drinking a Budweiser Select and listening to the DMB concert from Busch Stadium that I just downloaded and burned to CD this evening.

I already posted photos as they happened in earlier posts, but thought I'd post some photos here that I didn't have a chance to get on the blog.

I arrived in St. Louis on Thursday afternoon and we went over to Senor Pique for dinner. The photo below was taken by our waiter after we had a few margaritas.


Next up, we tailgated in the Busch Stadium parking lot before the show. This was a good choice as we were able to purchase our DMB paraphernalia outside the stadium and then leave it in the car before entering.


The photo below was the view that greeted us from the VIP dining area following our "indoctrination" into the VIP area. Going in we had a ticket and a badge. Before entering the stadium, we were given a pink arm band after a review of our "credentials." Then before entering the VIP area itself, we were given an additional yellow arm band. Anyone entering the VIP section, had to have all 4 items I just mentioned or they would not be granted access.


This area is where we ate dinner and got a couple Buds before heading down to our seats which were row 17, center stage. That's the back of the stage in the photo on the right-hand side.

The show was great, the only drawback was that The Black Crowes didn't play longer and didn't join Dave and the boys for a song or two.

Butch Taylor wasn't there as expected, but Tim Reynolds filled in nicely giving them an overall "rock band" sound, especially on tunes like the Neil Young cover they performed.

"Hey, hey, my, my, rock and roll will never die!"

- Salud!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Not only do I have some Mickelson's going sans points, but that's a nice gut shot. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007