25 Things

I was “tagged” in a chain e-letter the other day on Facebook and while I’m not a fan of the chain e-letters I thought it would be a good writing exercise to respond. Additionally I wanted to respond, because the e-letter was sent by the Mrs. down at the ol’ Lazy Acres. (Really looking forward to having the Lazy Acres crew back in the Eastern Time zone and just up the road a piece.)

Once I posted my response, I decided not to continue the chain and did not “tag” 25 others -- I don’t even have 25 Facebook friends!

The “rules” of the letter were this… “Once you have been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.” You’re also supposed to “tag” or continue this chain to 25 others, but we covered that above.

I made some changes and pulled the original posting from Facebook, because I wanted to share it on my blog where everyone can see it.

So here goes…

I always wanted to be a film director; in fact that’s what led me to go to NYU. If I had to do it over again I would have gone to a less expensive school and maybe would have finished.

I actually enjoy developing Web sites -- figuring out how they’ll work, writing the code, plotting out the database tables, designing the navigation and style. It’s like working on a big puzzle. (Shhh… currently working on the redux of CableMediaSales.com, although it’s gone through changes, it hasn’t been completely overhauled since 2004, I think?)

Before the Web came along, as much as I liked computers I didn’t want to go into computer programming. The Web encapsulated all my interests into one -- film/video, writing, photography and graphic design.

I want to write more, but not a film script. I wrote a feature-length script, but it never went anywhere and I was never happy with it. I feel like I would get much more satisfaction if I completed a short story or novel.

I don’t know what I want to write about. I have some ideas kicking around, but it’s hard to focus on writing when I work full time. It’s funny; if I do I have some extended time off the ideas seem to come easier.

The older I get it seems like I have less patience for certain things, while in other areas my high level of patience even surprises myself.

The older I get the more I hate the cold, but I miss the snow, especially those times when it snows all day long and you’re content to be inside spending time with the ones you love.

The worst part about my break up… Losing my best friend.

I don’t have a favorite film. There are so many I like, but could not point to one and say that’s my all-time favorite.

I get “misty” during some movies, but not because they’re sad. Movies that inspire me like an underdog overcoming great odds or simply a tale that motivates me to want to be a better person, these get to me.

While we’re on the subject, I can get a bit “misty” when I see U2 perform their song “Where the Streets Have No Name.” I think mostly because I wanted that song to be at the end of my film if I ever got to make it. The film script had an inspirational tone that to this day I connect with the song when I hear it.

I saw U2 perform live at MSG in NYC in 2005, and I screamed like a little girl when they finished playing “The Electric Co.” which they hadn’t performed live in years. That show marked 20 years of seeing U2 live and my 6th U2 concert.

My next Dave Matthews Band concert will be my 20th.

One of my favorite Dave Matthews Band songs is “#41” – it’s the reason I started liking them and I never want to find out what it’s about.

I wish I could be more outgoing, but I know I never will. It’s just my nature, I am who I am and that’s OK.

I don’t like fake people.

I’m very proud of the fact that I lost 35 lbs. last year and feels great to be running again. I feel like I’m in the best shape of my life.

There’s a soreness after my runs that I know was not there when I was 20-something.

I discovered last year how much I truly love the India Pale Ale style beers. These are truly my favorites. I’ll mix it up from time to time, but I’ll always come back to the IPAs. Love them hops!

While I will admit to not voting in some elections in my earlier years, I am very proud to cast my vote every single year regardless of office stature at stake.

I wish I was better at letting my friends and family know how much I really appreciate them.

One day I hope to visit the Czech Republic, my family’s ancestral homeland.

There’s a forest named Panovec in the former Yugoslavia.

Corny I know, but… Life is what you make it.

“We don't know where we're going, But the season's right for knowing, I want you to join together with the band.”

- Salud!

Comments

Doc Lago said…
The ones you mentioned are my favorite concerts also!! And you did scream like a little girl! LOL!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007