The Creek is Raging

The Woodside creek is raging this morning. Not sure if you can really see the full creek from the photo. If you click it to view full size, you'll see how the creek winds behind the shed and then comes out to the right.

It's been raining since yesterday morning. This afternoon the forecast is a switch to rain and snow, and then all snow overnight with an expected 3"-5" accumulation. That's big news for these parts! I'm looking forward to watching today's weather storyline unfold.

Nowhere to go today. I've got some laundry to do, and already have a NY strip marinating and a Brother Thelonious chillin' in the fridge.

This is a bit of a non sequitur, but the other day I picked up a copy of Mark Twain's "Pudd'n Head Wilson" and ran across a great quote.

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."


Words to live by and not to mix quotes, but I'll leave you with one more...

"Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart."

- Salud!

Comments

Papa Monkey said…
I have one for you.

"At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom." - George Carlin

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007