Spring Sunday

Spring has sprung and had a great day today! Got up to 66 degrees and got in a 4.5 mile run earlier -- 9'43"/mile pace! Yeah, I know I'm not setting any records, but not bad for me.

This past week I picked up a couple "Instant Tickets" via the Dave Matthews Band Warehouse for the April 18 show in Charlottesville, Va. I'll drive up on Friday and I imagine Ol' Lazy Acres and I will be ringing in my birthday in championship form. Hopefully we'll be able to see straight enough to walk home! :~)

That will be the kick off event to what I'm calling the "Halfway To Everywhere Tour 2009!" Not so much a tour as a state of mind, but rest assured there will be postings from various events and travels throughout the spring, summer and fall. Well, at least two more DMB shows in August, hopefully a U2 show and some international travel as well.

In local news, could the infamous "night mower" be no more? From the looks of it, a contractor cut the lawn today of the one time late-night lawnmower marauder. I'm wondering if this guy is new to the biz as you don't usually see a lawn cut perpendicular to the house and street (click photo for larger view). Maybe it's a new style, but I think most people prefer the parallel lawn cutting method. Who's to say? But I'll keep you updated.

I broke the seal on the lawn cutting season as well, but really only needed to cut the high spots around the house and the majority of the backyard.

- Na Zdravi!

Comments

Tom said…
glad we're the kickoff - looking forward to the honor

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007