October Begins and U2
Friday night and a Happy October to one and all!That's Sierrra Nevada's fall seasonal Anniversary Ale, very nice for evenings when a chill starts to creep into the air.
Last night I was at the U2 show in Charlottesville, VA, at UVA's Scott Stadium. Great show! My 7th time seeing the boys from Ireland, starting in 1985 and every tour since.
I drove up to Richmond to meet up with Lazy Acres and then we had a couple brews at the Capital Ale House in Richmond's West End before heading over to the show. We thought we might be running late, but got into the stadium just before the opener, Muse, started their set.
U2's stage set up for this tour is pretty amazing. They played a good number of songs from the latest CD, but also included old favs like New Year's Day (love to watch Edge switch seamlessly from piano to guitar), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Where The Streets Have No Name. Bono didn't seem to have the energy he used to on "Streets...," but always a crowd pleaser regardless.
Set list...
10/01/2009 Scott Stadium - Charlottesville, Virginia
Breathe, Get On Your Boots, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day / The Hands That Built America (snippet), No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Elevation, Your Blue Room, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, The Unforgettable Fire, City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On
Encores: One / Amazing Grace (snippet), Where The Streets Have No Name, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, Moment of Surrender
Here's some video from YouTube, much better than I could get with my Blackberry...
- Salud!


Comments