Grace Potter and the Big Eye
Friday - Howdy y'all!It's hot as blazes here and promises to be mid-90s throughout the weekend. Good thing I have an excellent ICB (ice-cold beer) to keep me cool. Ballast Point's - Big Eye IPA!
I was at the Flying Saucer last weekend for their 8th anniversary and was able to try some beers that aren't readily available on tap. One of them was Ballast Point's - Sculpin IPA. Wow, you would have thought there were fresh orange slices in this beer. Certain hops can give off a citrusy flavor, but I've never experienced a taste like this. I'm not one for fruity beers, but this tasted very good.
A first for me due to the high heat and humidity, heading out early tomorrow morning to run in the park. I ran last Saturday about noon time and found it very tough going.
I also gotta send thanks out to the LAN crew for turning me on to Grace Potter and The Nocturnals. I downloaded their latest studio album from iTunes along with a new live recording from The Fillmore in SF, CA - great stuff!
Check 'em out if you can. Here's a very cool live video of the first song on their latest effort. The song is "Paris (Ooh La La)"...
In other news...
It's that Dave Matthews Band time of year again and their tour is in full swing. They hit Bonnaroo this weekend and look to be part of the Fuse cable TV special scheduled to air next Thursday. Most likely won't be their full performance, but should include highlights from many of the artists performing this weekend.
Be sure to check out the live feed on YouTube from Bonnaroo, DMB will be on Sunday night. Highlights for me include Tori Amos, Michael Franti and Spearhead, and Tenacious D tonight; Norah Jones and Kings of Leon tomorrow; Weezer and DMB on Sunday.
I'll leave you with another live recording of Grace Potter and The Nocturnals performing "Stop The Bus"...
- Salud!
Comments