Dave Matthews Band - Camden, NJ 7/1/2010
After breakfast at Ihop and a visit to one of the Ghost Hunter's favorite haunts, Eastern State Penitentiary, Monkey and I made our way over to Rittenhouse Square for lunch at Smith & Wollensky.I had gift cards totaling $200 from my Amex points for years. Mostly because every time I went somewhere with a Smith & Wollensky location I forgot to put the cards in my wallet. Well, not this time!
Monkey had a sirloin steak and whipped potato, and I had a Cajun ribeye and creamed spinach. They didn't have one of my favorite reds, the Clos Du Val Cabernet, so I settled for their Merlot. It was actually quite tasty and at that price it better be! The cards paid for the meal and wine, and I only had to pay the tip.

Traffic was crazy going to Eastern State. It took us about 20 minutes to go 1.75 miles, but was easier going back to the hotel.
Night #2
We called Joe Cab and he took us over the Walt Whitman Bridge to NJ. Before we knew it we were back at the Susquehanna Bank Center again. Our seats were on the left side of the amphitheater and a little farther back, but not bad.

Driving down to Philly the day before, I told Monkey that maybe if I play "Pig" on my iPod we can "talk it up" and the forces that be will get it into the set list. I was half joking as they hadn't played this song so far on their current tour, and thought it was doubtful they would.
Don't you know it, they opened their set that night with "Pig" - the first time they played it this tour! An excellent start to my 25th DMB show!
They also played The Monkey's favorite "Grey Street," and "The Stone" I hadn't heard live in years. Other highlights were "#41" and "Dancing Nancies" into "Warehouse." This was awesome and sounded great. I hadn't heard "Warehouse" since Butch Taylor and his keyboards left the group a few years ago.
Rashawn Ross (trumpet) wore a Phillies ball cap both nights, and the second night even wore a Phillies jersey!
I've seen DMB back-to-back nights a couple times before, but this was the first time, in my experience anyway, they didn't repeat a single song. It was a great, great couple nights!
Due to traffic it took us a little longer to get back to the hotel that night, but Joe Cab came through for us again. Next morning it was time for a quick Egg McMuffin and coffee, and then back north to Easton, Pa., and the 4th of July holiday weekend.
Here's a video I found on YouTube from that night's show posted by a fellow attendee.
#41
- Salud!
Comments