Haunted Park?
Yesterday while searching online for upcoming events at McAlpine Creek Park that could possibly inhibit my runs there, I stumbled across a few sites with ghost stories about the park and other North Carolina locales.The stories claim that the skeletons of a man and a woman were found near an Old Mill House. People have reported seeing the young couple or sometimes the woman alone, only to see them vanish upon approach.
I've never seen the Old Mill House on countless runs in the park, nor ghosts for that matter. Although after more searching online I found that the Old Mill House is allegedly located where the park extends on the other side of the highway. There are reasons for not venturing to that area of the park that have nothing to do with ghosts! Every city and town have their bad neighborhoods, and let's just say that the zip code in question has a bad reputation.
Ready or not ghosts, I'll be back among you this week with a 3 mile run on Tuesday, a 4 mile run on Wednesday, and another 3 mile run on Thursday. Actually mostly what I have to deal with on my runs during the week are the high school cross country teams training in the park. My route is opposite theirs so at least I don't have them coming up my heels.
I did my cross training today, rowing on the Bowflex, and now a marinated ribeye steak on the grill and a very nice glass of red wine awaits.
- Salud!
Comments