Seven and a Wood Aged 16th

Good evening, happy Saturday!

I closed out my 2nd week of marathon training with a 7 mile run today! I decided to fore go running it entirely in the park. I left from the house and ran down to the park instead of driving down. I completed a couple miles there then made a long loop back to the house.

The neighborhood I ran through was nice and had very little traffic, but of course had to be mostly hills coming back. The final mile had a nasty couple of hills right up to my finish.

My iPod locked up about 5 miles into the run. In the past it's done this when I miss hit a button. This time it just stopped working. I managed to reset it while still running, but my run data up to that point was lost. Time for a new iPod I think!

Part of me wanted to toss the iPod into the woods, while the other part was happy for the distraction. I think it actually helped me rally toward the finish.

My reward for closing out my 2nd week of marathon training was Great Divide's - 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA. I was worried I might not care for the "wood aged" taste, but it's actually very good and has everything you'd expect from a double IPA.

This was new, the kitties decided to investigate the beer photo.


Ella Bella was first to check things out.


Then Vita V. wanted to see what was up and said "hello" to Ella.


After some sniffing around...


... They got down to their favorite past time.

Dave Matthews Band's "Seven" wasn't on my run playlist, but now wondering if it should have been?



- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007