Florida Thanksgiving

I was in Florida to visit with my Mom and Walter for Turkey Day. A huge tradition in our hometown is watching the Phillipsburg vs. Easton high school football game - the oldest continuing rivalry in football!


I found a link where we could watch the game in sunny Florida and not only did we watch it, but it was via the WiFi network I set up outside on the patio in the warm Florida air!

They have Total Wine stores down there same as the Carolinas and Virginia, but wow the Total Wine down there is really a beer lover's paradise. I got a bunch of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, and found the 3rd and 4th beers in the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary series - beers that as of that time were not available in the Carolinas.


That's the "Grand Cru" above, 4th and final in the 30th Anniversary Series and a combination of their Bigfoot Barleywine, Celebration Fresh Hop Ale and Pale Ale.


Sunset cocktails...

I also found the Avery Old Jubilation Ale... it's malty goodness!


Had a great time even though sun-wise the weather wasn't very beach friendly, but did make it down to the beach for a brunch.


On the day Mom and I went Christmas tree shopping the iguanas were running amok...


- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007