Timber!
Back on Tuesday, Sept. 26, we had two trees removed from the backyard. Over the summer a tree came down behind the house during a big storm, before we owned the house, and was removed by the former owners. That left this one tree with all its limbs on one side kind of leaning over the house. Our plan was to definitely remove that tree. The other tree we removed wasn’t near the house, but it was dying. It looked like it may have been damaged when the tree came down during the storm. We have a third tree on the side of the house that we also had trimmed. The tree crew did a really good job. The tree that was trimmed has a nice balance and you wouldn’t notice it was trimmed unless you saw it beforehand. We’re having the stump nearest the house removed, and they’re coming back to do that next week. They mulched the limbs and the tree trunks were hauled away by a lumber company. I decided to keep the mulch and spread it around the trees in the front and one on the side. It was a lot more mulch than I thought. We still have some left and I may put that around the tree on the side that was trimmed. In case you're wondering, I don't have a photo of the tree crew actually cutting the trees down because they did it while I was at work. Lago was here when they brought one of the trees down, and she said it shook the house. From the sound she thought it might have hit the house, but all was fine. And yes, the tree crew company was fully insured if anything did happen.
Before

After
(The tree in the photos to the left of the house is the one that was trimmed)

Another view of the tree nearest the house before it was cut down.

One of the tree trunks left for the lumber company.

Another view of the tree trunk after it was cut down.

Mulch pile at the back of the driveway before I spread most of it in the front yard. (For perspective, that's a 96-gallon trash container on the right)
Comments