Vegas, baby! - Part II

Yesterday we walked down to the Bellagio and Caesars Palace. We were planning on returning to the room before meeting Dave and fam for dinner, but after walking through Caesars we stumbled upon Planet Hollywood where Dave planned to meet us. Lago wanted to do some shopping so we decided to spend the whole afternoon over there. After lunch, Lago went off to her shopping and I played some video poker while waiting. I really didn’t think she would take almost two hours, but she loves to shop. I didn’t do too bad especially for playing that long. I only lost $6. I’m a high roller yo – that’s right I throw down at the 25-cent machines, that’s how I roll dawg!


It was great to see Dave and his fam and we had a good dinner catching up on old times.


We stopped at the Bellagio fountains on our way back to the hotel. That’s Brad Pitt on the left (photo below), but he was feeling shy. I know what you’re thinking, yep Angelina took the pict! That’s her M&M bag on the railing. She loves those M&Ms, I don’t know how she keeps her figure!


It was a long walk back to the hotel, so of course we had some “road beers.”


Lago and I changed our clothes and headed back out to the Coyote Ugly Saloon in New York, New York. Lago has wanted to go to one since she saw the Coyote Ugly reality show on CMT. We have one in Charlotte, but have never been. There was a Playboy Playmate there, Miriam Gonzalez. She walked right past us on her way to the back to sign autographs, but if she didn’t have security around her, I doubt anyone would have known who she was.


Some lunk head stepped on Lago’s toes in the saloon and her feet were hurting from all the walking. She traded her shoes for some Las Vegas fabulous flip flops and we walked around the NYC-themed casino. That's aged beef at Gallagher's steakhouse in the photo.


When we saw the big sign for the Elvis slot machines… we gotta play the Elvis slots! But the King showed us no love on this night.


After Elvis stiffed us, we decided to call it a night.

Today, Lago started her conference – the real reason why we’re here. I’m just kicking back today still feeling a little tired, maybe from the walking, the time change, the beers. Lago is done at 6pm PT and my task for the afternoon is to figure out where we’re having dinner. Tomorrow evening we’re going to see Penn & Teller at the Rio.


In case you’re wondering, the photo in the last post with my face on the Luxor pyramid was not PhotoShopped. That’s my reflection in our hotel room window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007