Vegas, baby!

The only thing I’ve found humbling about turning 40 – statements such as the following… It’s been 20 years since I was in Las Vegas. Or, a couple years ago noting that it had been 20 years since I first saw U2. You think that’s bad? Twice since we’ve been here I referred to my iPod as my Walkman. Boy-o-boy, pack my bags and send me to the nanny home!

As you can tell we made it here. Our flight was delayed three hours and it was about 3 or 4 a.m. PT when we checked into the hotel. We slept in yesterday, but it was kind of a fog and I still felt tired all day. Today, feeling back to normal after getting some regular allotted sleep.

Yesterday afternoon we walked over to the MGM Grand and had lunch at Emeril’s Fish House. Very good! Thanks for the recommendation ol’ Lazy Acres. We plan on returning for dinner before we leave. We had dinner last night here at our hotel in the Luxor Steakhouse. It was very good and we had a bottle of 1999 Saintsbury Reserve Pinot Noir – wow was that good, with its age it tasted more like a Cabernet than a Pinot. After dinner we walked over to the Mandalay Bay before returning to the room. We were probably the only ones in town who called it a night around midnight, but we needed to catch up on our sleep.


Today, we’re meeting Dave and his fam for dinner. They’re driving out from Orange County, Calif. Should be fun. Haven’t seen Dave since the Big 40.

The NBA All-Star game is going on this weekend and New York, New York’s Lady Liberty and the MGM Grand Lion are decked out in East and West basketball jerseys.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007