The First Cut
They say "the first cut is the deepest." Well I don't know about that, but today was my first cut with the new lawnmower.The old one quit on me yesterday. It had been going downhill for awhile. The front-wheel drive stopped working last year, and even though it was repaired it's never been quite the same since I accidentally bent the rotor back in Virginia.
Yesterday it quit working all together. Just when I thought I would have to get it repaired again, I noticed the engine seemed to be tipping backwards when I pulled on the starter cord. On further inspection, I saw that the engine had actually busted loose from its deck mounts in the front. I didn't see how this could be repaired short of placing the engine on a new deck, provided you could get the engine to start. That was the last straw.
I ordered a new mower online from Lowe's and picked it up at the store this morning. Not only was it nice having the front-wheel drive again, the large rear wheels made for easy handling.
To do the in-store pick up, you need to have the confirmation email with you and show your driver's license. I don't think anyone is happy with their driver's license photo, but mine looks almost nothing like me.
I presented my license to the Lowe's clerk. She kind of smiled and asked, "Is this your father in the picture?"
I said, "No, that's my 'Before' picture."
"Before what?" the clerk asked.
"Before I lost 30 pounds."
"Wow, you can really tell," she said.
Ah, if only she were younger and hotter! Oh well, you've got to take compliments where you can get them, right?
- Salud!
Comments
Well, the sales lady was either comlimenting you on your weight loss or she knows your father...
So, what kind of mower did you get? I could have sold you my Bob Villa Craftsman powermower... it's just sitting in the shed looking for a home.. actually, I have had to use it once last year when my riding mower's battery went dead.. and the next week the tire went flat..