Pigs In The Queen City

Hola and Happy Friday!

Been awhile since I posted regularly. Hope to keep it up with concerts and traveling coming up. Speaking of... enjoying an Avery IPA while listening to my latest summer mix, and looking forward to the Gov't Mule show next Saturday. Last I saw them was here at The Fillmore in July 2009 with Ol' Lazy Acres. Great show and was my first visit to the then new NC Music Factory. Next weekend The Mule will be at the outdoor Uptown Amphitheatre where I saw The Black Crowes in Sept. 2010.

We got a nice "gift" at work today. For our division's recent performance, we were granted "summer hours" starting today and going through August 31, which means our offices will close at 3 p.m. on Fridays... very nice!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to see the Iron Pigs while they were in town. Although they got swept in the series by the Charlotte Knights, it was still good to see them along with some other Phillies/Pig fans in attendance.

Iron Pigs vs. Charlotte Knights 5/27/2012
At the game I got a chance to taste the Olde Mecklenburg's Capt. Jack Pilsner, very nice brew for a hot summer's day.

This week we went out for lunch with a group from work at Pinky's, famous for its "White Trash Burger" and VW bug on the roof of the restaurant. They actually have another VW bug painted red, white and blue (similar to the one on the roof) except this one runs. It was parked out front and I noticed my name (of sorts) in chrome. Maybe it was parked there waiting for me or some other "Timbo"... who knows.

My VW bug?
- Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007