Evening Drama at the Home of the Night Mower

Last night there was a bit of excitement here in the neighborhood at the house across the street. This is the same house of the infamous Night Mower from this past summer.

I was watching the beginning of the new Dave Matthews Band DVD "Live at Piedmont Park" recorded this year in Atlanta in the TV room, and don't recall why but walked over to the the living room which was only illuminated by the Christmas tree lights. Outside I was surprised to see the flashing lights of an ambulance, a firetruck and two police cruisers parked in front of the Night Mower's house. It looked like every light in the house was on and I could see movement inside, but no one was on the street.

After a moment, emergency crews brought out a stretcher and loaded someone into the ambulance. From my angle it was difficult to see who was being carried out. Then the crews loaded a second stretcher into the same ambulance, but again from my position I could not be sure if two people went into the ambulance or only one. At that point, the police moved up to the top of the hill near the entrance to the community. Then the firetruck made its exit followed by the ambulance, but with no siren only flashing lights. I thought it was all over, but I noticed something strange, both police cruisers remained near the entrance of the community with their lights flashing for quite some time after the ambulance left the scene.

I checked the online police blotter this morning, but could find no report of the incident. There's a report of all 911 calls on our local site, but this goes back only the past eight hours. With all its strangeness though, the house is not a crime scene this morning and looks like this was a medical emergency. Hopefully the Night Mower or one of his cohorts are doing OK.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too much Mad Elf.

Tracey ran errands on Friday and we missed our delivery. So I have to wait until next week to get hauled off on a stretcher.
Anonymous said…
I hope the lawnmower didn't take it's revenge on him! My mower has been staring me down every time I go in the garage..

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007