New Year's Eve Morn
A little foggy this morning on the eve of the New Year, but the sun is breaking through looking for a nice change to the rain from the last couple days. Supposed to be 62 and sunny today. Perfect for an outing downtown this afternoon for the Bobcats game and then some eats and drinks before we settle in at the Woodside for the New Year's festivities. If I don't get a chance to post anything later this evening, I'll try to post any captured antics New Year's Day.
Got our Mad Elf on last night while screening the flick "Superbad" from the peops who brought us "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up." Very funny, but definitely not for the wee people (the smallest Monkey was asleep) or if you don't appreciate foul-mouthed, goofball comedies. My favorite line, "Get him, McLovin!" I won't explain for those who have yet to see it.
On a different note and to be filed under "People who should be shot on sight" ... just saw a news item about some idiots who had a drinking party and vandalized the former home of poet Robert Frost, which is now a historic landmark and open during the summer months. People have no respect anymore and we see it every day not just in this news story, but on the road, at work, in our schools. Are we too busy to "respect thy neighbor"?
Rather than rant on about this, I offer one of my favorite poems by Mr. Frost and wish one and all a safe and very Happy New Year!
Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Got our Mad Elf on last night while screening the flick "Superbad" from the peops who brought us "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up." Very funny, but definitely not for the wee people (the smallest Monkey was asleep) or if you don't appreciate foul-mouthed, goofball comedies. My favorite line, "Get him, McLovin!" I won't explain for those who have yet to see it.
On a different note and to be filed under "People who should be shot on sight" ... just saw a news item about some idiots who had a drinking party and vandalized the former home of poet Robert Frost, which is now a historic landmark and open during the summer months. People have no respect anymore and we see it every day not just in this news story, but on the road, at work, in our schools. Are we too busy to "respect thy neighbor"?
Rather than rant on about this, I offer one of my favorite poems by Mr. Frost and wish one and all a safe and very Happy New Year!
Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Comments