Holiday Travel

Ah, the wonders of Holiday travel... the local news had me believing their were big delays this morning here at the airport, when in fact the only "delay" was that most parking lots were already full including the daily lot where I normally park. I had to park in the hourly and will pay a little more per day, but worth it not to have to take a bus to and from the terminal. I was able to walk to the terminal and get directly in line for security as I had already checked in online and printed my ticket at home yesterday, ah technology! The line for security wasn't long at all, I've been in longer lines flying to Chicago, not even close to a holiday. Breezed through security and into the Starbuck's where the line was not long either. So now here I am waiting at my gate, I was here so early that I watched the flight to Fort Lauderdale before mine board. All flights are full so there's no chance to jump on the earlier one.

I was going to throw some holiday DVDs in my bag to watch, but left them on the kitchen counter. I had a couple of stops to make on my way to the airport that I thought I had to rush for. Anyway, I have my iPod (I just called it a Walkman in my head and had to make myself type iPod) and I downloaded a couple audio holiday books for the trip. I have "Skipping Christmas" by Grisham and the unabridged Dickens' "A Christmas Carol."

Wow, a kid was just screaming so loud I'm sure they were torturing him! Probably did the old I'm not walking anymore and sat down and parents dragged him anyway.

Well, I only have about an hour before my flight boards and I'm on my way to sunny Florida where there surely will be news alerts regarding the blinding light reflecting from my white legs! Does it count as a white Christmas with sand, I mean the sand is kind of an off-white right? Regardless of white or not, it will be fun and good to see my Mom and Stepfather for Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Holly Jolly Ho Ho Ho, yo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW.. sitting in a Starbucks sipping an $8.00 coffee writing a blog on your laptop... ohhh, the life!

You should be listening to some Jimmy Buffet Christmas tunes.. I hear Santa wears shorts in Florida.. or so they tell me.

Hope you have a great Christmas, my friend, and if you wake up underneath the Christmas tree one morning you've had a good time the night before..

Next time you will see me I will be bearing MAD ELF.. we should do shots of this..

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2025

Summer Mix 2007